Both Irwin and Hall contributed equally to this work. The positive soundscapes project was funded through a multidisciplinary EPSRC grant (EP/E011624/1). John Foster and Kay Head assisted in collecting the physiological data. The authors give special thanks to Ron Coxon at the Sir Peter Mansfield Magnetic Resonance Imaging Centre, University of Nottingham, for his initial assistance with the software for generating the appropriate summary measures from the heart rate data. Some of the fMRI results were presented as preliminary reports at the Experimental Psychology Society meeting, York, UK in July 2009 and the 38th International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering (Internoise), Ottowa, Canada in August 2009.
Listening to urban soundscapes: Physiological validity of perceptual dimensions
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 258–268, February 2011
How to Cite
Irwin, A., Hall, D. A., Peters, A. and Plack, C. J. (2011), Listening to urban soundscapes: Physiological validity of perceptual dimensions. Psychophysiology, 48: 258–268. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8986.2010.01051.x
- Issue online: 6 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2010
- (Received September 9, 2009; Accepted January 29, 2010)
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.