This article is based on a Master's thesis submitted to the Medical Psychology Program in the Department of Psychology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), prepared under supervision of Rex Wright. We are grateful to Sara Walker, Sarah Khalidi, and William B. Ford for the help that they provided with data collection. A portion of the manuscript was prepared while Rex Wright was on sabbatical in the Department of Psychology at the University of Texas in Austin.
Gender determination of effort and associated cardiovascular responses: When men place greater value on available performance incentives
Article first published online: 15 FEB 2012
Copyright © 2012 Society for Psychophysiological Research
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 683–689, May 2012
How to Cite
Barreto, P., Wong, J., Estes, K. and Wright, R. A. (2012), Gender determination of effort and associated cardiovascular responses: When men place greater value on available performance incentives. Psychophysiology, 49: 683–689. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8986.2011.01342.x
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 15 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.