About of the authors: Kirsi Laitala is a PhD student at Norwegian University of Science and Technology within Industrial Design Engineering. She has an MSc in textile, fibre and clothing engineering from the Tampere University of Technology. At the moment, she is working as principal engineer at the National Institute for Consumer Research. She has researched on areas related to clothing quality and size issues and is currently working with sustainability of clothing, concentrating on the use and disposal periods. For more information, please see http://www.sifo.no/page/Staff//10443/48263-10600.html. Casper Boks has a PhD in industrial design engineering from Delft University of Technology and an MSc. in applied econometrics from Erasmus University Rotterdam. At the moment, he is professor in product design at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. His research interests include sustainable product innovation and education, and he has focused on the organizational and managerial aspects of successful implementation of sustainable product innovation in the electronics industry. He has supervised a number of PhD students on various related topics, such as user-centred design for sustainable behaviour, eco-design management, stakeholder probing and learning in the fuel cell industry, sustainable packaging design and human factors in eco-design. Dr art Ingun Grimstad Klepp is head of research at National Institute for Consumer Research in Oslo. She has professor competence and leads the Technology and environment research group. She wrote her MA and PhD on leisure time and outdoor life at the University of Oslo. Her current field of research is clothing, laundry and leisure consumption. She has written numerous articles and books on these themes. For more information, please see: http://www.sifo.no/page/Staff//10443/48249-10600.html.
Potential for environmental improvements in laundering
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
International Journal of Consumer Studies
Special Issue: Household Technology and Sustainability
Volume 35, Issue 2, pages 254–264, March 2011
How to Cite
Laitala, K., Boks, C. and Klepp, I. G. (2011), Potential for environmental improvements in laundering. International Journal of Consumer Studies, 35: 254–264. doi: 10.1111/j.1470-6431.2010.00968.x
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!