Admos Chimhowu and Phil Woodhouse, both Institute for Development Policy and Management, University of Manchester, Harold Hankins Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9QH. e-mails: Admos.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
Customary vs Private Property Rights? Dynamics and Trajectories of Vernacular Land Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2006
Journal of Agrarian Change
Volume 6, Issue 3, pages 346–371, July 2006
How to Cite
CHIMHOWU, A. and WOODHOUSE, P. (2006), Customary vs Private Property Rights? Dynamics and Trajectories of Vernacular Land Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of Agrarian Change, 6: 346–371. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0366.2006.00125.x
This is a substantially revised version of a paper published in Forum for Development Studies 32 (2), 2005. We are grateful to Henry Bernstein for his extensive comments on that earlier paper.
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!