I am indebted to Judith Adler Hellman, Lissa North, Cristóbal Kay and Luin Goldring for their insightful guidance, comments and suggestions on an earlier draft of this article. I am also grateful to Bernardo Mançano Fernandes, Cliff Welch, Lúcio Flávio de Almeida and Renata Gonçalves, in Brazil, and to Xochitl Leyva-Solano, Daniel Villafuerte, José Luis Escalona and Mercedes Olivera, in Chiapas, for commenting on some of the initial fieldwork findings and hypothesis upon which this article is based. I would also like to thank the three anonymous referees who provided valuable suggestions to improve the final version of this article. The research and fieldwork were funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, the Ontario Graduate Scholarship and the Faculty of Graduate Studies of York University in Toronto.
The MST and the EZLN Struggle for Land: New Forms of Peasant Rebellions
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Author. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Agrarian Change
Volume 9, Issue 3, pages 365–391, July 2009
How to Cite
VERGARA-CAMUS, L. (2009), The MST and the EZLN Struggle for Land: New Forms of Peasant Rebellions. Journal of Agrarian Change, 9: 365–391. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0366.2009.00216.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!