The origin of this paper is traced to a commissioned work by UNDP-Oslo Governance Centre (OGC) in 2007–08. Earlier versions of this current paper were presented at a global workshop on ‘democratic land governance’ organized by UNDP-OGC in Oslo in November 2008, at the Journal of Agrarian Change workshop in May 2008 at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London, and at a workshop by the Rural Poor Institute for Land and Human Rights Network (RIGHTSNet) in Manila in February 2009. We are grateful for the comments and suggestions from the participants in those workshops. We also thank Ben Cousins, Noha El-Mikawy, Fernando de Medina-Rosales, Knut Laksa and Carlos Oya, as well as the two anonymous reviewers for the Journal for their helpful comments and suggestions on earlier drafts.
Contemporary Discourses and Contestations around Pro-Poor Land Policies and Land Governance
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2009
© 2010 The Authors – Journal compilation © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Agrarian Change
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 1–32, January 2010
How to Cite
BORRAS JR, S. M. and FRANCO, J. C. (2010), Contemporary Discourses and Contestations around Pro-Poor Land Policies and Land Governance. Journal of Agrarian Change, 10: 1–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0366.2009.00243.x
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!