Very special thanks go to Diana C. Gildea, Richard A. Walker and Henry Bernstein for encouraging this project at more than one decisive conjuncture. Thanks also to T.J. Byres, Carole Crumley, Jessica C. Marx, MacKenzie Moore, Jeff Sommers, Dale Tomich, John Wing, Wendy Wolford, and two anonymous referees for invaluable commentary and discussion. This essay is dedicated to Giovanni Arrighi, who helped me learn how to write world history as if the world depended on it.
‘Amsterdam is Standing on Norway’ Part I: The Alchemy of Capital, Empire and Nature in the Diaspora of Silver, 1545–1648
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2009
© 2010 The Author – Journal compilation © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Agrarian Change
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 33–68, January 2010
How to Cite
MOORE, J. W. (2010), ‘Amsterdam is Standing on Norway’ Part I: The Alchemy of Capital, Empire and Nature in the Diaspora of Silver, 1545–1648. Journal of Agrarian Change, 10: 33–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0366.2009.00256.x
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!