An earlier version of this paper was presented and discussed at the Journal of Agrarian Change workshop in 2008, at SOAS, London. I benefited from extremely useful feedback from various participants in the workshop. I would also like to thank the excellent research assistance provided by Helena Pérez-Niño. Comments, suggestions and corrections by Henry Bernstein and two anonymous referees on earlier drafts were also immensely valuable, but I am solely responsible for the analysis, and any errors, in the final paper.
Contract Farming in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Survey of Approaches, Debates and Issues
Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Agrarian Change
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 1–33, January 2012
How to Cite
OYA, C. (2012), Contract Farming in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Survey of Approaches, Debates and Issues. Journal of Agrarian Change, 12: 1–33. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0366.2011.00337.x
- Issue published online: 13 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 13 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!