Multicentre trials in obstetrics and gynaecology
Smaller explanatory trials are required
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 103, Issue 7, pages 599–602, July 1996
How to Cite
Grant, J. M. (1996), Multicentre trials in obstetrics and gynaecology. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 103: 599–602. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.1996.tb09823.x
- Issue online: 19 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2005
- 1One Man's Medicine. The British Medical Journal, London : 1989..
- 4The biggest public health experiment ever: the 1954 field trial of the Salk poliomyelitis vaccine. In Tanur, JM, editors. Statistics: A Guide to the Unknown. 1972; 2–13..
- 5Gruppo Italiano per Io Studio della Streptochinasi nell'infarcto miocardico (GISSI). Effectiveness of intravenous thrombolytic treatment in acute myocardial infarction. Lancet 1986; 1: 397–402.
- 6ISIS-2 (Second International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group. Randomised trial of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither among 17,187 cases of suspected acute mycardial infarction: ISIS-2. Lancet 1988; 1: 349–360.
- 7ISIS-3 (Third International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group. A randomised trial of streptokinase vs tissue plasminogen activator vs anistreplase and of aspirin plus heparin vs aspirin alone among 41,299 cases of suspected myocardial infarction. Lancet 1992; 339: 753–770.
- 10Antiplatelet agents for IUGR and pre-eclampsia. Pregnancy and Childbirth Module. In EnkinMW, KeirseMJNC, RenfrewM J, Neilson, JP, editors. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews: Review No. 04000 4th May 1994. Published through Cochrane Updates on Disk, Oxford : Update Software, 1994, Disk Issue 1..
- 13Aspirin and dipyrimadole in the prevention of pre-eclampsia: effect on plasma 6 keto PGF1 alpha and TxB2 and clinical outcome of pregnancy. Proceedings of the First European Congress on Prostaglandins in Reproduction, Vienna, Austria . 1988; 48., .
- 15Prediction and prevention of pregnancy-induced hypertensive disorders: a clinical and pathophysiological study. [MD thesis] Rotterdam , The Netherlands : University Medical School, 1989..
- 18Effect of antiplatelet therapy in women at high risk for pregnancy-induced hypertension. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress of Hypertension in Pregnancy, Perugia , Italy . 1990; 251., .
- 20Prevention of pre-eclampsia in women with renal disease. Proceedings of the 7th World Congress of Hypertension in Pregnancy, Perugia , Italy . 1990; 75., , , , .
- 21Low-dose aspirin in the prevention of preeclampsia in nulliparas. Preliminary results of a prospective, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Proceedings of the 10th Annual Meeting of the Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, Houston , Texas , USA . 1990; 89., .
- 22Low dosage of aspirin in prevention of pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) in primigravidae at Muhimbili Medical Centre, Dar es Salaam [MD thesis] University of Dar es Salaam, Ethiopa, 1992..
- 23Prevention of pre-eclampsia with low-dose aspirin: results of the EPREDA trial. J Perinat Med 1990; 18 (Suppl): 116., , , , , , .
- 25Low-dose aspirin therapy to prevent pre-eclampsia: safety considerations. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1993; 168 (Suppl): 389., , , , , .
- 29ECPPA (Estudo Colaborativo para Prevencao da Pre-eclampsia com Aspirina) Collaborative Group. ECPPA: randomised trial of low dose aspirin for the prevention of maternal and fetal complications in high risk pregnant women. Br J Obstet Gynuecol 1996; 103: 39–47.
- 31Magnesium in acute myocardial infarction. BMJ 1995; 210: 751–752., .
- 32ISIS-4 (Fourth International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group. ISIS-4: a randomised factorial trial assessing early oral captopril, oral mononitrate, and intravenous magnesium sulphate in 58,050 patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction. Lancet 1995; 345: 669–685.
- 34Where next for prophylaxis against pre-eclampsia? [Report of a RCOG workshop: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, 15 December 1994]. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 103: 603–607.