Satisfaction and the three C's: continuity, choice and control. Women's views from a randomised controlled trial of midwife-led care
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 104, Issue 11, pages 1273–1280, November 1997
How to Cite
Hundley, V. A., Milne, J. M., Glazener, C. M. A. and Mollison, J. (1997), Satisfaction and the three C's: continuity, choice and control. Women's views from a randomised controlled trial of midwife-led care. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 104: 1273–1280. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.1997.tb10974.x
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2005
- Received 20 June 1996 Returned for revision 24 October 1996 & 17 April 1997 Revised versions received 17 January 1997 & 16 May 1997 Accepted 9 June 1997
- 1Department of Health. Maternity Services: Second Report from the House of Commons Health Committee [Chairman: Winterton N]. London : HMSO, 1992.
- 2Department of Health. Changing Childbirth. Report of the Expert Maternity Group. London : HMSO, 1993.
- 3Scottish Office Home and Health Department. Provision of Maternity Services in Scotland. A Policy Review. Edinburgh : HMSO, 1993.
- 4Department of Health. Perinatal and neonatal mortality: Second Report from the Social Services Committee [Chairman: Short R]. London : HMSO, 1980.
- 5Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Report of the RCOG Working Party on Antenatal and Intrapartum Care. London : Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 1982.
- 6Association of Radical Midwives. ‘The Vision’—Proposals for the Future of the Maternity Services. Ormskirk , Lancashire : ARM, 1986.
- 7Royal College of Midwives. Towards a Healthy Nation, every day a birth day. London : Royal College of Midwives, 1991.
- 8Department of Health. Working for Patients: The Health Service Caring for the 1990s. London : HMSO, 1989.
- 9Scottish Office Home and Health Department. The Patient s Charter: A Charter for Health. Edinburgh : HMSO, 1991.
- 10The ‘Know Your Midwife’ Report. London : South West Thames Regional Health Authority and the Wellington Foundation, 1987.,
- 11Great Expectations. A Prospective Study of Women's Expectations and Experiences of Childbirth. Cambridge : Child Care and Development Group, University of Cambridge, 1988., ,
- 12Pregnancy, Childbirth and coping with motherhood: what women want from maternity services. Framework for Action Working Group on Maternity Services. Edinburgh : Scottish Home and Health Department, 1993.
- 16SPSS Inc. SPSS Reference Guide. Chicago : SPSS, 1990.
- 18Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London : Chapman & Hall, 1991.
- 20Happy ever after. Health Service Journal 1994; 3: 27.,
- 21What do women want? The question of choice in the conduct of labour. In: ChardT, RichardsM, editors. Benefits and Hazards of the New Obstetrics. London : Spastics International Medical Publications, 1977.