Fatal shoulder dystocia: a review of 56 cases reported to the Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths in Infancy
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 105, Issue 12, pages 1256–1261, December 1998
How to Cite
Hope, P., Breslin, S., Lamont, L., Lucas, A., Martin, D., Moore, I., Pearson, J., Saunders, D. and Settatree, R. (1998), Fatal shoulder dystocia: a review of 56 cases reported to the Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths in Infancy. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 105: 1256–1261. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.1998.tb10003.x
- Issue online: 19 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2005
- Received 10 December 1997 Returned for revision 18 March & 10 June 1998 Accepted 6 August 1998
- 1Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths in Infancy. 3rd Annual report concentrating on the first two years of the study into Sudden Unexpected Deaths in Infancy DOH, London , July 1996.
- 2St. Mary's Maternity Information System, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary's [personal communication], 1997.
- 4A principle of physics as applicable to shoulder delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1943; 45: 796–804., .
- 5Symphysiotomy – a reappraisal for the developing world. In StuddJ, editor. Progress in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Edinburgh : Churchill Livingstone, 1991..
- 6The Zavanelli maneuver: a potentially revolutionary method for the resolution of shoulder dystocia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1985; 152: 419–483..
- 8Shoulder dystocia. In StuddJWW, editor. Progress in Obstetrics und Gynaecology. Edinburgh : Churchill Livingstone, 1994..
- 11On the Shoulders of Giants–Eponyms and Names in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. London : Thomas F.Baskett, RCOG Press, 1996.
- 15Ultrasound diagnosis of fetal macrosomia. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1992; 144: 162–166., , , .
- 16Shoulder dystocia–the obstetrics. Clinical Risk 1995; 1: 49–54..
- 18Joint Working Party of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and Royal College of Pathologists. Report on Fetal and Neonatal Pathology. London : RCOG Press, 1988.
- 19Shoulder dystocia. Curr Obstet Gynaecol 1996; 6: 30–34..