Qualitative study of pregnancy and childbirth experiences in Somalian women resident in Sweden
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 107, Issue 12, pages 1507–1512, December 2000
How to Cite
Essén, B., Johnsdotter, S., Hovelius, B., Gudmundsson, S., Sjöberg, N.-O., Friedman, J. and Östergren, P.-O. (2000), Qualitative study of pregnancy and childbirth experiences in Somalian women resident in Sweden. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 107: 1507–1512. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2000.tb11676.x
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2005
- Accepted 26 July 2000
- 5The Epidemiological Center. Delivery outcome among Immigrant women in Sweden, (in Swedish). The National Board of Health and Social Welfare, Stockholm : No 1, 1998.
- 8Fetal and infant origins of adult disease. London : BMJ Publishing, 1992.
- 10Womens health in rural Somalia. Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Umeå University (Thesis) 1994..
- 11When modernity confronts traditional practices: Female genital cutting in Northeast Africa. In: BodmanHL, TohodiN, editors. Women in Muslim societies. Diversity within unity. London : Boulder, 1998: 39–58.
- 15Basic of qualitative research, Grounded Theory. Procedures of and techniques. Newbury Park : Sage, 1990.,
- 16Sampling in qualitative inquiry. In: CrabtreeBF, MillerWL editors. Doing qualitative research. London : Sage, 1992.
- 20World Health Organization. Maternal mortality: A global factbook. AbouZahrC, RoystonE, editors. WHO Genève, Offset Publication; 1991: 217–219.
- 25Consèquences obstétricales de l'excision féminine [in French]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod 1985; 14: 743–746., , , , ,
- 26To deliver a small baby is easy, but to save a small baby is difficult. Community studies on antenatal care in rural Tamil Nadu, South India. (PhD thesis). Faculty of Sciences Aarhus University, Denmark , 1998..