Has endometrial ablation replaced hysterectomy for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding? National figures
Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 107, Issue 4, pages 531–534, April 2000
How to Cite
Bridgman, S. A. and Dunn, K. M. (2000), Has endometrial ablation replaced hysterectomy for the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding? National figures. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 107: 531–534. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2000.tb13274.x
- Issue online: 12 AUG 2005
- Version of Record online: 12 AUG 2005
- Accepted 4 November 1999
- 1Management of menorrhagia: hysteroscopic techniques offer a revolution in treatment. BMJ 1990; 300:37–1538..
- 6CRIR Secretariat NHSE. NHS Executive Data Manual. London : NHS Executive, 1997.
- 7Office of Population Censuses and Surveys. Classification of surgical operations, 3rd Revision. London : HMSO, 1975.
- 8Office of Population Censuses and Surveys. Tabular list of the classification of surgical operations and procedures, 4th Revision. London : HMSO, 1990.
- 9World Health Organisation. Manual of the International Statistical Classification of disease, injury and causes of death, 9th Edition. WHO: Geneva , 1977.
- 10World Health Organisation. Manual of the International Statistical Classification of diseases and related health problems, 10th Edition. WHO: Geneva , 1992.
- 11Office of National Statistics. Key population and vital statistics. Local and health authority areas. 19891996. Series VS 16–23. Office of National Statistics: London .
- 12Statistics with confidence. London : British Medical Journal, 1989., .
- 15ABPI. ABPI Compendium of Data sheets and summaries of product characteristics 1998–1999. London : Datapharm, 1998.
- 17The levonorgestrel intrauterine system avoided hysterectomy in women with excessive uterine bleeding: Commentary. Evidence Based Medicine 1999; 4: 18..
- 18Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The management of menorrhagia in Secondary Care. Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines No 5, July 1999. London : RCOG Press.