Operative intervention in delivery is associated with compromised early mother-infant interaction
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 108, Issue 10, pages 1068–1075, October 2001
How to Cite
Rowe-Murray, H. J. and Fisher, J. R.W. (2001), Operative intervention in delivery is associated with compromised early mother-infant interaction. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 108: 1068–1075. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2001.00242.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2003
- Accepted 29 May 2001
- 5Infant state and behavior during the first postpartum hour. The Psychological Record 1981;31: 455–458., , .
- 10Comparison of primiparas’ perceptions of vaginal and cesarean births. Nursg Res 1979;28: 260–266., .
- 17Influence of cesarean section on mother-baby interaction. Indian Pediatr 1991;28: 45–50., .
- 19WHO/UNICEF. Protecting, Promoting and Supporting Breast-feeding. The Special Role of Maternity Services [A Joint WHO/UNICEF Statement]. Geneva : World Health Organization, 1989.
- 20Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. Hillsdale , New Jersey : Lawrence Erlbaum, 1988.
- 21Design Sensitivity. Statistical Power for Experimental Research. London : Sage Publications, 1990.
- 22Perinatal Data Collection Unit. Births in Victoria 1983–1992. Melbourne : The Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity, 1994.
- 23Births in Victoria 1996–1998. Melbourne : Perinatal Data Collection Unit; The Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity. Department of Human Services, Victoria, 1999.,
- 26Profile of Mood States. San Diego , California : Educational and Industrial Testing Service, 1981., ,
- 27SPSS. Statistical Product and Service Solutions for Windows: Release 8.0. Chicago : SPSS Inc, 1997.
- 29Using Multivariate Statistics. New York : Harper Collins Publishers, 1996.,
- 31Missing Voices. The Experience of Motherhood. Melbourne : Oxford University Press, 1994., , ,
- 37Caregiver Support for Women during Childbirth. The Cochrane Library, Issue 4. Oxford:Update Software, 1999..
- 39NHS Executive of the Department of Health. Clinical Governance: Quality in the New NHS. London : HMSO, 1999.
- 40Restriction of Mother-Infant Contact in the Immediate Postnatal Period. In: ChalmersI., EnkinM., KeirseM.J.N.C., editors. Effective Care in Pregnancy and Childbirth. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1989: 1322–1330., .
- 41World Health Organisation. Care in Normal Birth: a Practical Guide. Geneva : WHO Maternal and Newborn Health/Safe Motherhood Unit, WHO/FRH/MSM/96.24, 1996.