Misoprostol in the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage in addition to routine management: a placebo randomised controlled trial
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2004
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 111, Issue 9, pages 1014–1017, September 2004
How to Cite
Walraven, G., Dampha, Y., Bittaye, B., Sowe, M. and Hofmeyr, J. (2004), Misoprostol in the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage in addition to routine management: a placebo randomised controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 111: 1014–1017. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2004.00217.x
- Issue published online: 23 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2004
- 1Antepartum and postpartum haemorrhage. In: MurrayCJL, LopezAD, editors. Health Dimensions of Sex and Reproduction. Global Burden of Disease and Injury Series, III. Boston, USA: Harvard School of Public Health, 1998: 111–164..
- 3Active versus expectant management in the third stage of labour [Cochrane review]. The Cochrane Library, Issue 4. Chichester, UK: Wiley, 2003., , .
- 5Misoprostol to treat postpartum haemorrhage: a systematic review of evidence relevant to effectiveness, dosage and route of administration. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. Submitted for publication., , , , .
- 6A randomized study comparing rectally administered misoprostol versus Syntometrine combined with an oxytocin infusion for the cessation of primary postpartum hemorrhage. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2001;80: 835–839.DOI: 10.1034/j.1600-0412.2001.080009835.x, , , et al.
- 7Obstetric Problems; A Practical Manual. Nairobi: African Medical Research Foundation, 1991..