Also corresponding author.
The magnitude of abortion complications in Kenya
Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2004
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: Developing World Issue
Volume 112, Issue 9, pages 1229–1235, September 2005
How to Cite
Gebreselassie, H., Gallo, M. F., Monyo, A. and Johnson, B. R. (2005), The magnitude of abortion complications in Kenya. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 112: 1229–1235. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2004.00503.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2005
- Version of Record online: 8 DEC 2004
- 1World Health Organization. Unsafe Abortion: Global and Regional Estimates of Incidence of and Mortality Due to Unsafe Abortion with a Listing of Available Country Data, 3rd edition. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1998.
- 2World Health Organization. Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2003.
- 3Estimated levels of induced abortion in six Latin American countries. Int Fam Plann Perspect 1994;20(1):4–13., .
- 5Epidemiology of induced abortion in Nairobi, Kenya. J Obstet Gynaecol East Cent Afr 1982;1(54):54–57., .
- 7Laws of Kenya. The Penal Code Chapter 63, Section 158–160. Revised ed. 68, 1985.
- 10Romania Ministry of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Romania Reproductive Health Survey 1993. Bucharest: Institute of Mother and Child Health Care, 1995.
- 16Central Bureau of Statistics. 1999 Population and Housing Census, 1. Nairobi, Kenya: Central Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Finance and Planning, 1999.
- 17Global Evaluation of USAIDS's Postabortion Care Program. Washington (DC): The Population Technical Assistance Project, 2001., , , et al.
- 18Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) [Kenya], Ministry of Health (MOH) [Kenya] and ORC Macro. 2004. Kenya Democratic and Health Survey 2003. Calverton, Maryland: CBS, MOH and ORC.
- 20Creating Linkages between Incomplete Abortion Treatment and Family Planning in Kenya: Baseline Findings of an Operations Research Study. New York: The Population Council, 1997., .
- 24World Health Organization, Maternal Health and Safe Motherhood Programme, Division of Family Health. Clinical Management of Abortion Complications. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1994.
- 25Ethical issues in postabortion care research involving vulnerable subjects. In: HuntingtonD, Piet-PelonNJ, editors. Postabortion Care: Lessons from Operations Research. New York: The Population Council, 1999: 178–197..
- 27World Health Organization. Studying Unsafe Abortion: A Practical Guide. Geneva: Maternal and Newborn Health/Safe Motherhood Unit, Division of Reproductive Health (Technical Support), World Health Organization, 1996.
- 28Scaling Up Access to High-quality Postabortion Care in Kenya: An Assessment of Public and Private Facilities in Western and Nyanza Province. Chapel Hill (North Carolina): Ipas, 2003., , , , .