Why are women still aborting outside designated facilities in metropolitan South Africa?
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: Developing World Issue
Volume 112, Issue 9, pages 1236–1242, September 2005
How to Cite
Jewkes, R. K., Gumede, T., Westaway, M. S., Dickson, K., Brown, H. and Rees, H. (2005), Why are women still aborting outside designated facilities in metropolitan South Africa?. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 112: 1236–1242. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2005.00697.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2005
- 1World Health Organisation. Making pregnancy safer. Fact sheet No. 276. Geneva: World Health Organisation, 2004.
- 2Anon. Abortions—an emotional volcano. Epidemiol Comments 1991;18(10):213–220.
- 3Illegal abortion: women's experiences. Curationis 1997;20: 79–82., , .
- 4Reproductive Rights Alliance. Barometer. Reproductive Rights Alliance,1999.
- 6National Research on Incomplete Abortions. Johannesburg: Reproductive Health Research Unit, 2001., , , et al.
- 8Termination of pregnancy in South Africa: is termination of pregnancy getting on top of the problem of unsafe abortions? Sex Reprod Health Bull 1999;7: 14–15., , .
- 9The Choice of Termination Act and its implementation. Spec Med 1998: 78–80 (July)..
- 12Department of Health. South Africa Demographic and Health Survey 1998. Final Report. Pretoria: Department of Health, 2002.