Fertility and assisted reproduction: The costs to the NHS of multiple births after IVF treatment in the UK
Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2005
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 113, Issue 1, pages 21–25, January 2006
How to Cite
Ledger, W. L., Anumba, D., Marlow, N., Thomas, C. M., Wilson, E. C. and the Cost of Multiple Births Study Group (COMBS Group) (2006), Fertility and assisted reproduction: The costs to the NHS of multiple births after IVF treatment in the UK. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 113: 21–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2005.00790.x
- Issue online: 5 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 5 DEC 2005
- Accepted 10 October 2005.
- 1Provisional National Data Statistics. IVF from 01/04/1999 to 31/03/2000. http://www.hfea.gov.uk/downloads/PatientsGuides/PGAggData9901.pdf.
- 4Reducing the risk of multiple births by transfer of two embryos after in vitro fertilization. N Engl J Med 1999;341: 1313–1314., .
- 5HFEA press release. HFEA reduces maximum number of embryos transferred in single IVF treatment from three to two. Available: http://www.hfea.gov.uk/forMedia/archived/08082001.htm.
- 6NICE. Fertility: assessment and treatment for people with fertility problems. Available: http://www.nice.org.uk/page.aspx?o=106334.
- 7Resource implications of multiple births. In: WardH, WhittleM, editors. Multiple Pregnancy. London: RCOG Press: 1995: 334–345., .
- 9Multiple gestation: reflections on epidemiology, causes, and consequences. Int J Fertil Women's Med 2000;45: 206–214., , .
- 10NHS Scotland. Scottish Perinatal and Infant Mortality and Morbidity Report 2001. Edinburgh: Information & Statistics Division NHS Scotland, 2002.,
- 11The Swedish experience of assisted reproductive technologies surveillance. In: Current practices and controversies in assisted reproduction. Report of a meeting on ‘Medical, Ethical and Social Aspects of Assisted Reproduction’ HO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland, 17–21 September 2001. Available: http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/infertility/32.pdf..
- 12Nordic fertility society. Report from Sweden. Available: http://www.nordicfs.org/reportsweden.html..