Antenatal fear of childbirth and its association with subsequent caesarean section and experience of childbirth
Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2006
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 113, Issue 6, pages 638–646, June 2006
How to Cite
Waldenström, U., Hildingsson, I. and Ryding, E. (2006), Antenatal fear of childbirth and its association with subsequent caesarean section and experience of childbirth. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 113: 638–646. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.00950.x
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 18 MAY 2006
- Accepted 10 March 2006.
- 6Determinants of caesarean delivery among women hospitalized for childbirth in a remote population in China. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2003;25:937–43., , .
- 15Aurora helps women with fear of childbirth. Lakartidningen 1993;41:3557–8 (in Swedish)..
- 16Management of childbirth fear. Newsletter of the Swedish Association of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (SFOG) 2001;5:12–13 (in Swedish)., , , , , , et al.
- 17Psychological and medical support in cases of fear of childbirth. In: SjögrenB, editor. Fear of Childbirth. Lund, Sweden: Studentlitteratur; 1998. p. 88–110 (in Swedish)., , .
- 18Aurora teams. In: Elanders ToftersÖ, editor. Fear of Childbirth. Swedish Association of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (SFOG) Report 51. 2004 (in Swedish)..
- 19Treatment of fear of childbirth. In: LeysenB, NijsP, RichterD, editors. Research in Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology. Leuven, Belgium: Acco; 1985..
- 21Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare. The National Birth Register. Stockholm, Sweden: Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare, Center for Epidemiology, 2000.
- 24Screening for depression during pregnancy with the Edinburgh Depression Scale (EPDS). J Reprod Infant Psychol 1990;8:99–107., .
- 26Greater expectations? Summary report. Leeds: Mother & Infant Research Unit, University of Leeds; 2003 Oct., , , .