Metabolic and polycystic ovary syndromes in indigenous South Asian women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2006
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: Obesity
Volume 113, Issue 10, pages 1182–1187, October 2006
How to Cite
Wijeyaratne, C., Waduge, R., Arandara, D., Arasalingam, A., Sivasuriam, A., Dodampahala, S. and Balen, A. (2006), Metabolic and polycystic ovary syndromes in indigenous South Asian women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 113: 1182–1187. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01046.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2006
- Accepted 21 June 2006.
- 12Why do Asian-born women have a higher incidence of gestational diabetes? An analysis of racial differences in body habitus, lipid metabolism and the serum insulin response to an oral glucose load. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 1993;33:114–18., , , .
- 18Prevalence of hypertension, diabetes and obesity: baseline findings of a population based survey in four provinces in Sri Lanka. Ceylon Med J 2005;50:62–70., , , , , , et al.
- 19World Health Organization. Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Report of a WHO Consultation, Geneva, Switzerland, WHO/NCD/NCS/99.2, 1999.
- 20American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists Committee on Practice Bulletins—Obstetrics. Gestational diabetes. Obstet Gynecol 2001;98:525–38.
- 24The impact of ethnicity on glucose regulation and the metabolic syndrome following gestational diabetes. Diabetologia 2005;9:1–5., , , , , , et al.
- 27High prevalence of polycystic ovaries and associated clinical, endocrine, and metabolic features in women with previous gestational diabetes mellitus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:4746., , , , .
- 31Annual health bulletin. DHS, Ministry of Health, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2002.
- 32Hospitalisation trends due to selected non-communicable diseases in Sri Lanka, 2005–2010. Ceylon Med J 2005;50:51–4., , .
- 33Prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus in Homagama Divisional Director of Health Services Area. J Coll Community Physicians Sri Lanka 2004;9:40–2., , .
- 34WHO Ad Hoc Diabetes Reporting Group. Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance in women aged 20–39 years. World Health Stat Q 1992;45:321–7.