The Decision Aids for Mode Of Next Delivery (DiAMOND) study group comprises the following members: Clare Emmett, Tom Fahey, Peter Gregor, Sandra Hollinghurst, Claire Jones, Beverley Lovering, Alan Montgomery, Irene Munro, Deirdre Murphy, Roshni Patel, Tim Peters, Ian Ricketts, Anne Schlegelmilch, Ali Shaw, Kav Vedhara, Kate Warren.
Women’s experience of decision making about mode of delivery after a previous caesarean section: the role of health professionals and information about health risks
Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2006
RCOG 2006 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 113, Issue 12, pages 1438–1445, December 2006
How to Cite
Emmett, C., Shaw, A., Montgomery, A., Murphy, D. and DiAMOND study group (2006), Women’s experience of decision making about mode of delivery after a previous caesarean section: the role of health professionals and information about health risks. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 113: 1438–1445. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01112.x
- Issue online: 10 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 NOV 2006
- Accepted 11 September 2006. Published OnlineEarly 1 November 2006.
- 1Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Clinical Effectiveness Support Unit. The National Sentinel Caesarean Section Audit Report. London: RCOG Press, 2001.
- 2Government Statistical Services for the Department of Health. NHS Maternity Statistics, England: 2003–2004. http://www.dh.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/10/70/61/04107061.pdf. Accessed 3 October 2006.
- 3Department of Health. Changing Childbirth: Part I: Report of the Expert Maternity Group. London: HMSO, 1993.
- 4National Institute of Clinical Excellence. Caesarean Section: Clinical Guideline 13. London: National Institute of Clinical Excellence, 2004.
- 7Why women choose to have a repeat caesarean section. Br J Midwifery 2005;13:440–5., , , .
- 8the DiAMOND Study Group. The DiAMOND trial protocol: a randomised controlled trial of two decision aids for mode of delivery among women with a previous caesarean section. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2004;4:25. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/4/25. Accessed 3 October 2006.,
- 9Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research. In: BrymanA, BurgessRG, editors. Analyzing Qualitative Data. Oxford, UK: Routledge; 1994. pp. 173–94., .
- 10The dance of qualitative research design: metaphor, methodolatory and meaning. In: DenzinN, LincolnY, editors. Handbook of Qualitative Research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 1994. pp. 209–19..