Decision making about mode of delivery among pregnant women who have previously had a caesarean section: a qualitative study
Article first published online: 4 DEC 2006
RCOG 2006 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 114, Issue 1, pages 86–93, January 2007
How to Cite
Moffat, M., Bell, J., Porter, M., Lawton, S., Hundley, V., Danielian, P. and Bhattacharya, S. (2007), Decision making about mode of delivery among pregnant women who have previously had a caesarean section: a qualitative study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 114: 86–93. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01154.x
- Issue published online: 4 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 4 DEC 2006
- Accepted 27 September 2006. Published OnlineEarly 24 November 2006.
- 1National Sentinal Caesarean Audit Report. London: RCOG Press, 2001., .
- 2ISD Scotland. Births and babies: mode of delivery. Scottish Health Statistics. [www.isdscotland.org/isd/info3.jsp?pContentID=1612]. Accessed 24 July 2006.
- 4Expert Advisory Group on Caesarean Section in Scotland. Report and Recommendations to the Chief Medical Officer of the Scottish Executive Health Department. Scottish Executive: Edinburgh, 2001.
- 5Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC). Rockville, M.D, US: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2003. Report No.: 71.
- 8Information for women after CS: are they getting enough? RCM Midwives 2004;7:472–5..
- 13House of Commons Health Committee. Provision of maternity services. Fourth report of session 2002–2003, Vol. 1. London: TSO; 2003.
- 15Push for action as Caesarean rate soars. The Scotsman 2 April 2005..
- 19National Health Service Executive. Patient and Public Involvement in the New NHS. London: NHSE, 1999.
- 20Scottish Executive. Patient Focus and Public Involvement. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive Health Department; 2001.
- 21Royal College of Midwives. Vision 2000. London: RCM, 2000.
- 22Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Clinical Standards: Advice on Planning the Service in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. London: RCOG Press, 2002.
- 26Qualitative Researching, 2nd edn. London: Sage, 2002..
- 27Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook. London: SAGE, 1994., .
- 28Deprivation and Health in Scotland. Aberdeen: Aberdeen University Press, 1991., .
- 34Why women choose to have a repeat caesarean section BJM 2005;13:440–5., , , .