Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation.
The Magpie Trial: a randomised trial comparing magnesium sulphate with placebo for pre-eclampsia. Outcome for children at 18 months
Article first published online: 12 DEC 2006
2006 The Authors Journal compilation
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 114, Issue 3, pages 289–299, March 2007
How to Cite
Magpie Trial Follow-Up Study Collaborative Group (2007), The Magpie Trial: a randomised trial comparing magnesium sulphate with placebo for pre-eclampsia. Outcome for children at 18 months. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 114: 289–299. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01165.x
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 12 DEC 2006
- Accepted 4 October 2006. Published OnlineEarly 12 December 2006.
- 1World Health Organization International Collaborative Study of Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy. Geographic variation in the incidence of hypertension in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1988;158:80–3.
- 2The National Institute for Clinical Excellence, The Scottish Executive Health Department, The Department of Health Social Services and Public Safety Northern Ireland. Why Mothers Die 1997–1999: The Fifth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: RCOG Press, 2001.
- 4Department of Health. Confidential Enquiry into Stillbirths and Deaths in Infancy. London: Department of Health, 1996.
- 7Magnesium sulphate versus phenytoin for eclampsia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;CD000128 [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000128]., .
- 8Magnesium sulphate versus diazepam for eclampsia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;CD000127 [DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000127]., .
- 18Magpie Trial Follow Up Study Collaborative Group. The Magpie Trial: a randomised trial comparing magnesium sulphate with placebo for pre-eclampsia. Outcome for women at 2 years. BJOG DOI: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2006.01166.x.
- 19Doing the undoable: Magpie Trial long-term follow up. Lancet (in press)., .
- 20The ASQ User’s Guide for the Ages and Stages Questionnaires: A Parent-Completed, Child Monitoring System, 2nd edn. Baltimore, MD: Paul Brookes Publishing Co, 1999., , .
- 21Manual for the Bayley Scales of Infant Development, 2nd edn. New York, NY: Psychological Corporation, 1993..
- 22The Abilities of Babies: A Study in Mental Measurement. Revised reprint. Association for Research in Infant & Child Development, Amersham, UK, 1986..
- 25Guias para la evaluation del desarrollo en el nino menor de seis anos. Argentina: Nestle, 1996., , .
- 26Baroda development screening test for infants. Indian Pediatr 1990;28:31–7., .
- 27WHO. Perinatal Mortality: A Listing of Available Information, 7th edn. WHO/FRH/MSM/96. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 1996.