Maternal health in Northern Nigeria—a far cry from ideal
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
RCOG 2007 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 114, Issue 4, pages 448–452, April 2007
How to Cite
Galadanci, H., Ejembi, C., Iliyasu, Z., Alagh, B. and Umar, U. (2007), Maternal health in Northern Nigeria—a far cry from ideal. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 114: 448–452. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2007.01229.x
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
- Accepted 29 November 2006. Published OnlineEarly 19 February 2007.
- 2WHO/UNICEF. Revised 1990 Estimates of Maternal Mortality. A New Approach by WHO and UNICEF. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1996.
- 3WHO. World Health Day Fact Sheets. Safe Motherhood. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1998.
- 5Making Motherhood Safe, World Bank Discussion Papers 2002. Washington, DC: World Bank, 1993., .
- 6The poor come last: Socio-economic inequalities in the use of maternal and child health services in developing countries. Paper presented at meeting of Fogarity International Centre, National Institute of Health; 2002 July; Bethesda, MD..
- 7WHO. Coverage of Maternity Care. A Listing of Available Information. Geneva, Switzerland: Maternal and Newborn Health/Safe Motherhood Unit, World Health Organization, 1997.
- 8National Population Commission (Nigeria) and ORC Macro. Nigerian Demographic and Health Survey 2003. Key Findings. Calverton, MD: National Population Commission and ORC Macro, 2004.
- 9National Population Commission (Nigeria). Nigerian Demographic and Health Survey: Policy and Programme Implications (Northeast Zone). Abaja, Nigeria: National Population Commission, 2001.
- 12A community based study on utilization of maternity services in rural Zimbabwe. Afr J Health Sci 1996;3:120–5., , , , .
- 13Inter-Agency Group for Safe Motherhood. The Safe Motherhood Action Agenda: Priorities for the Next Decade. Report on the Safe Motherhood Technical Consultation; 1994 Oct 18–23; Colombia, IGSM; 1997..
- 15WHO. Coverage of Maternity Care. A Listing of Available Information. Geneva, Switzerland: Maternal and Newborn Health/Safe Motherhood Unit, World Health Organization; 1997.
- 20Safe Motherhood Inter-Agency Group. Technical Consultation. Ensure Skilled Attendance at Delivery; 25–27 April 2000, Geneva, Switzerland. New York: SMIAG/FCI; 2000.
- 23Voices of women—perception of health, illness and health care service during pregnancy in Northeast Russia and Northern Norway in 2000. Norsk Epidemiol 2003;13:199–205., , .