This paper was presented as a poster at the Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Meeting, Banff, Canada, 16–19 May 2007.
Oxytocin–ergometrine co-administration does not reduce blood loss at caesarean delivery for labour arrest*
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Authors
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 115, Issue 5, pages 579–584, April 2008
How to Cite
Balki, M., Dhumne, S., Kasodekar, S., Kingdom, J., Windrim, R. and Carvalho, J. (2008), Oxytocin–ergometrine co-administration does not reduce blood loss at caesarean delivery for labour arrest. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 115: 579–584. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2007.01658.x
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2008
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2008
- Accepted 7 December 2007.
- 7Estimating blood loss for cesarean section: how accurate are we? Anesthesiology 2003;98 Suppl:A1., , , , .
- 9ACOG Educational Bulletin. Postpartum Haemorrhage. Number 243, January 1998 (replaces No. 143, July 1990). American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Int J Gynecol Obstet 1998;61:79–86.
- 10Prevention and management of postpartum haemorrhage. J Soc Obstet Gynaecol Can 2000;22:271–81., , , .
- 11Joint Formulary Committee. Obstetrics, gynaecology, and urinary-tract disorders. In: British National Formulary. 54th edn. London: British Medical Association and Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain; 2007. pp. 413–16.
- 14Why mothers die 1997–1999, Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Fifth Report. London, UK: RCOG Press; 2001. pp. 134–49., .
- 16The Salford Third Stage Trial. Oxytocin plus ergometrine versus oxytocine alone in the active management of the third stage of labour. Online J Curr Clin Trials 1993; Aug 13. Doc No 83., .
- 17Misoprostol compared with methylergometrine for the prevention of postpartum haemorrhage: a double-blind randomised trial. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1999;10:1066–70., , , , .
- 20Maternal blood loss by expansion of uterine incision at caesarean section-a comparison between sharp and blunt techniques. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2004;16:47–50., .
- 22Uterine incision closure at caesarean section: a randomised comparative study of intraperitoneal closure and closure after temporary exteriorisation. West Afr J Med 2005;24:41–3., , , , .