Trends in management and outcome of pregnancies in HIV-infected women in the UK and Ireland, 1990–2006
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2008 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 115, Issue 9, pages 1078–1086, August 2008
How to Cite
Townsend, C., Cortina-Borja, M., Peckham, C. and Tookey, P. (2008), Trends in management and outcome of pregnancies in HIV-infected women in the UK and Ireland, 1990–2006. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 115: 1078–1086. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2008.01706.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2008
- Accepted 6 February 2008.
- 1National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Antenatal Care—Routine Care for the Healthy Pregnant Woman. Clinical guideline 6. London: NICE, 2003. [www.library.nhs.uk/guidelinesFinder/ViewResource.aspx?resID=30499&tabID=288]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 2Health Protection Surveillance Centre. Voluntary antenatal HIV testing in Ireland: results of the screening programme, 2002 to 2005. 2007. [www.ndsc.ie/hpsc/A-Z/HepatitisHIVAIDSandSTIs/HIVandAIDS/AntenatalHIVTesting/Report/]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 3The UK Collaborative Group for HIV and STI Surveillance. Mapping the Issues. HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United Kingdom: 2005. London: Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 2005. [www.hpa.org.uk/publications/2005/hiv_sti_2005/]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 4The UK Collaborative Group for HIV and STI Surveillance. Testing Times. HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United Kingdom: 2007. London: Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 2007. [http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/hiv_and_sti/publications/AnnualReport/2007/default.htm]. Accessed 4 January 2008.
- 10Pregnancy and HIV infection: a European consensus on management. AIDS 2002;16 (Suppl 2):S1–18., , , , , , et al.
- 11Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1993 revised classification system for HIV infection and expanded surveillance case definition for AIDS among adolescents and adults. MMWR Recomm Rep 1992;41:1–19.
- 12Office for National Statistics. Census 2000: mid-2000 population estimates (Table 12j). 2000. [www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/ssdataset.asp?vlnk=8630&More=Y]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 13Central Statistics Office Ireland. Census 2002, volume 2-ages and marital status (Table 3C). 2002. [www.cso.ie/census/Vol2.htm]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 14R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2006. ISBN 3-900051-07-0. [www.R-project.org]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 16Nevirapine tolerability in HIV infected women in pregnancy—a word of caution. 2nd International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment. Paris, 13–17 July. 2003. Abstract LB27. [www.aegis.org/conferences/IASHIVPT/2003/LB27.html]. Accessed 9 October 2007., , , , , .
- 23Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. London: The Stationery Office, 1999. [www.opsi.gov.uk/ACTS/acts1999/19990033.htm]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 24National AIDS Trust. Dispersal of asylum seekers living with HIV. 2006. [www.nat.org.uk/documents/Dispersal_of_asylum_seekers_living_with_HIV.pdf]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 27British HIV Association. Guidelines for the management of HIV infection in pregnant women and the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. 2005. [www.bhiva.org/cms1191558.asp]. Accessed 9 October 2007.
- 30National Study of HIV in Pregnancy and Childhood. Quarterly Update, Newsletter 72. London: NSHPC, 2007. [www.nshpc.ucl.ac.uk]. Accessed 9 October 2007.