Abortion-related complications in Cambodia
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 Ipas Journal compilation © RCOG 2008 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 115, Issue 8, pages 957–968, July 2008
How to Cite
Fetters, T., Vonthanak, S., Picardo, C. and Rathavy, T. (2008), Abortion-related complications in Cambodia. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 115: 957–968. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2008.01765.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted 20 March 2008.
- 1National Institute of Public Health, National Institute of Statistics [Cambodia] and ORC Macro. Cambodia Demographic and Health Survey 2005. Phnom Penh, Cambodia and Calverton, MD: National Institute of Public Health, National Institute of Statistics and ORC Macro; 2006.
- 2Committee for Population, Family and Children [Vietnam], and ORC Macro. Vietnam Demographic and Health Survey 2002. Calverton, MD: Committee for Population, Family and Children and ORC Macro; 2003;[www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pdf/FR139/00FrontMatter00.pdf]. Accessed 23 March 2007.
- 3Badan Pusat Statistik – Statistics Indonesia (BPS) and ORC Macro. Indonesia Demographic and Health Survey 2002-3. Calverton, MD: BPS and ORC Macro; 2003.
- 4World Health Organization. Safe Abortion: Technical and Policy Guidance for Health Systems. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2003.
- 5Reproductive and Child Health Alliance. Unpublished translation of the Cambodian Abortion Law. Phnom Penh, Cambodia: RACHA; 1997.
- 6Safe Motherhood Situation Analysis of Cambodia. Phnom Penh, Cambodia: National Maternal and Child Health Centre of the Ministry of Health, 1997., , , , .
- 7Abortion in Cambodia country report. Proceedings of Expanding Access: Advancing the Role of Midlevel Providers in Menstrual Regulation and Elective Abortion Care; 2001 Dec 2–6; Pilanesberg National Park, South Africa. Chapel Hill, NC: Ipas, 2001. [www.ipasihcar.net/expacc/reports/CambCR.html]. Accessed 28 June 2006., .
- 8Abortion in Cambodia: An Overview of the Current Situation (Preliminary Findings). Berkeley, CA: University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health; 2002;[www.un.org.kh/unfpa/about/documents/abortion.pdf]. Accessed 12 April 2006..
- 9Threads of a common cloth: abortion and human rights in Cambodia [Master’s thesis]. Berkeley, CA: University of California at Berkeley/San Francisco Joint Medical Program; 2003..
- 10The likelihood of induced abortion among women hospitalized for abortion complications in four Latin American countries. Int Fam Plan Perspect 1993;19:134–41., .
- 11Estimated levels of induced abortion in six Latin American countries. Int Fam Plan Perspect 1994;20:4–13., .
- 14Alan Guttmacher Institute. Sharing Responsibility: Women, Society and Abortion Worldwide. New York, NY: The Guttmacher Institute, 1999.
- 15National Institute of Statistics, UNFPA and World Food Program. Administrative and Health Facility Mapping 2004. Phnom Penh, Cambodia: NIS, UNFPA and WFP, 2005.
- 16Ministry of Health. Minimum Package of Activities—Guidelines for Health Centres for 2004-7 (Version 1). Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Ministry of Health, 2003.
- 23The magnitude of abortion complications in Kenya. BJOG 2005;111:1–7., , , .
- 26International database of the US Census Bureau. [www.census.gov/cgi-bin/ipc/idbagg]. Accessed 30 May 2007.
- 27Abortion in Women’s Lives. New York, NY: Guttmacher Institute, 2006., , , .
- 29“Ready or Not?” A National Needs Assessment of Abortion Services in Cambodia. Chapel Hill, NC: Ipas, 2007., , , , , , et al.
- 31National Public Health Research Institute, World Health Organization, GTZ. The Demand for Health Care in Cambodia: Concepts for Future Research. Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Ministry of Health, 1998.