Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Creative Commons Deed, Attribution 2.5, which does not permit commercial exploitation.
Identifying symptoms of ovarian cancer: a qualitative and quantitative study
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2008 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 115, Issue 8, pages 1008–1014, July 2008
How to Cite
Bankhead, C., Collins, C., Stokes-Lampard, H., Rose, P., Wilson, S., Clements, A., Mant, D., Kehoe, S. and Austoker, J. (2008), Identifying symptoms of ovarian cancer: a qualitative and quantitative study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 115: 1008–1014. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2008.01772.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Accepted 30 March 2008.
- 1Cancer Research UK. UK cancer incidence statistics for females. 2006 [http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/incidence/females/]. Accessed 15 November 2007.
- 2Cancer Research UK. UK ovarian cancer statistics. 2006 [http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/ovary/?a=5441]. Accessed 15 November 2007.
- 4Epithelial ovarian cancer. In: ShafiMI, LuesleyDM, JordanJA, editors. Handbook of Gynaecological Oncology. London: Churchill Livingstone; 2001.pp. 231–41., .
- 5Reducing Delays in Referrals. Cancer Services Collaborative Service Improvement Guide: Ovarian Cancer. London: NHS Modernisation Agency, 2001..
- 11Symptoms attributed to ovarian cancer by women with the disease. Nurse Pract 1997;22:122, 127–8, 130..
- 19Scientific Software Development. ATLAS.ti. (WIN 4.2 (Build 058)). Berlin: Scientific Software Development, 2005.
- 20Practical Statistics for Medical Research. London: Chapman and Hall, 1994..
- 21SPSS Inc. SPSS (Version 12). Chicago, IL: SPSS Inc., 2003.
- 22StataCorp LP. Intercooled Stata (8.2 (Win)). College Station, TX: StataCorp LP, 2005.
- 23Pathology of malignant ovarian epithelial tumours and miscellaneous and rare ovarian and paraovarian neoplasms. In: RubinS, SuttonG, editors. Ovarian Cancer. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2001. pp. 99–134..
- 24Identifying Potential Significant Diagnostic Factor for Ovarian Cancer in Primary Care: a Qualitative and Quantitative Study. Oxford: University of Oxford, 2005..
- 25Gynecologic Cancer Foundation, Society of Gynecologic Oncologists, and American Cancer Society. Ovarian Cancer Symptoms Consensus Statement. Women’s Cancer Network, 14 June 2007. [http://www.wcn.org/ov_cancer_cons.html]. Accessed 13 October 2007.
- 26An experiment in earlier detection of ovarian cancer. Lancet 2007;369:2051.