Other members of the research group are listed at end of the body of the text.
World Health Organisation multicentre randomised trial of supplementation with vitamins C and E among pregnant women at high risk for pre-eclampsia in populations of low nutritional status from developing countries
Article first published online: 23 APR 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 116, Issue 6, pages 780–788, May 2009
How to Cite
Villar, J., Purwar, M., Merialdi, M., Zavaleta, N., thi Nhu Ngoc, N., Anthony, J., De Greeff, A., Poston, L., Shennan, A. and on behalf of the WHO Vitamin C and Vitamin E trial group (2009), World Health Organisation multicentre randomised trial of supplementation with vitamins C and E among pregnant women at high risk for pre-eclampsia in populations of low nutritional status from developing countries. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 780–788. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02158.x
The views expressed in this document are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the World Health Organization or its Member States.
Trial registration number: ISRCTN86677348 Link to trial: http://www.controlled-trials.com/ISRCTN86677348/
- Issue published online: 23 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 23 APR 2009
- Accepted 15 February 2009.
- 1Eclampsia and preeclampsia: a worldwide health problem for 2000 years. In: CritchleyH, MacleanA, PostonL, WalkerJ, editors. Preeclampsia. London, England: RCOG Press; 2003. pp. 57–72., , , , , and .
- 11WHO systematic review of the literature and multinational nutritional survey of calcium intake during pregnancy. Fetal Matern Med Rev 2005;16:97–121., , , , , , et al.
- 12World Health Organization. A Practical Guide on How to Measure Blood Pressure and Test for Proteinuria. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, HRP/RHR/WHO, 2001.
- 15World Health Organization. Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice for Trials on Pharmaceutical Products. WHO Technical Report Series No. 850. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1995; 97–137.