Department: Women’s Health, Chilterns, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, BS10 5NB
Retrospective cohort study of diagnosis–delivery interval with umbilical cord prolapse: the effect of team training
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 116, Issue 8, pages 1089–1096, July 2009
How to Cite
Siassakos, D., Hasafa, Z., Sibanda, T., Fox, R., Donald, F., Winter, C. and Draycott, T. (2009), Retrospective cohort study of diagnosis–delivery interval with umbilical cord prolapse: the effect of team training. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 1089–1096. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02179.x
- Issue published online: 10 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2009
- Accepted 8 January 2009. Published Online 11 May 2009.
- 2Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Preventing infant death and injury during delivery (Sentinel Event Alert Issue #30); 21 July 2004 [http://www.jointcommission.org/SentinelEvents/SentinelEventAlert/sea_30.htm]. Accessed 28 October 2008.
- 3Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health. Why Mothers Die 2000–2002. The Sixth Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: RCOG Press, 2004.
- 4LewisG, editor. The Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health (CEMACH). Saving Mothers’ Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer––2003–2005. The Seventh Report of the Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. London: CEMACH, 2007.
- 5Maternal and Child Health Research Consortium. The “4kg and over” Enquiries 1997. Confidential Enquiries into Stillbirths and deaths in infancy 6th Annual Report. London: Maternal and Child Health Consortium, 1999.
- 6Maternal and Child Health Research Consortium. Breech Presentation at Onset of Labour. Confidential Enquiries into Stillbirths and deaths in infancy 7th Annual Report. London: Maternal and Child Health Consortium, 2000.
- 7Maternal and Child Health Research Consortium. Antepartum term stillbirths. Confidential Enquiries into Stillbirths and deaths in infancy 5th Annual Report. London: Maternal and Child Health Consortium, 1998.
- 10for the Guidelines and Audit Committee of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Umbilical Cord Prolapse. Clinical Guideline Green-Top Guideline No.26. London: RCOG, 2008., , ,
- 15Audit to Assess the Caesarean Section Decision-to-Delivery Interval. Glasgow, Scotland: SpROGs, 2006., , , , .
- 16NHS Litigation Authority. Clinical negligence scheme for trusts: maternity standards. Criterion 4.1.1. 2006 [http://www.nhsla.com]. Accessed 29 May 2006.
- 17Clinical Negligence and Other Risks Indemnity Scheme. Revised Risk Management Standards V4/2003, Standard 9 [http://www.cnoris.com]. Accessed 27 March 2009.
- 18Children's Health & Social Care Directorate, Welsh Assembly Government. Standard 5, Maternity. National Service Framework for Children, Young People and Maternity Services in Wales. Cardiff: Welsh Assembly; 2005 [http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/Documents/441/EnglishNSF_amended_final.pdf]. Accessed 27 March 2009.
- 20Mannequins can be used to assess competencies for ventouse deliveries. Simul Health Care 2007;2:209., , , , .
- 21Shoulder dystocia training for medical students. BJOG 2008;115 (Suppl 1):42., , , .
- 22PRactical Obstetric Multiprofessional Training (PROMPT) Trainer’s Manual. London: RCOG Press, 2008., , , .
- 24Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Clinical Effectiveness Support Unit. The National Sentinel Caesarean Section Audit Report. London: RCOG Press, 2001., ,
- 26Impact of CRM-based team training on obstetric outcomes and clinicians’ patient safety attitudes. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2007;33:720–5., , , , , , et al.
- 35National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health. Caesarean section. Commissioned by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE). London: RCOG Press, 2004.
- 37Regional versus general anaesthesia for caesarean section. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;4:CD004350. DOI: DOI: 10.1002/14651858., , .
- 48Proof of Principle Study of the Effect of Individual and Team Drill on the Ability of Labour Ward Staff to Manage Acute Obstetric Emergencies. , Birmingham, UK: PSRP, Department of Health, Public Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, University of Birmingham, 2008., , , , , , , et al.