Late termination of pregnancy: a comparison of obstetricians’ experience in eight European countries
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 116, Issue 10, pages 1340–1349, September 2009
How to Cite
Habiba, M., Da Frè, M., Taylor, D., Arnaud, C., Bleker, O., Lingman, G., Gomez, M., Gratia, P., Heyl, W., Viafora, C. and the EUROBS Study Group (2009), Late termination of pregnancy: a comparison of obstetricians’ experience in eight European countries. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 1340–1349. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02228.x
- Issue published online: 10 AUG 2009
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2009
- Accepted 8 April 2009. Published Online 3 June 2009.
- 5ONS. [http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/ssdataset.asp?vlnk=9520]. Accessed 6 December 2008. Office of National Statistics 2008.
- 8RCOG. Report of the RCOG Working Party on Termination of Pregnancy for Fetal Abnormality in England, Wales and Scotland. London: RCOG, 1996.
- 9RCOG. Report of the RCOG Ethics Committee on a Consideration of the Law and Ethics in Relation to Late Termination of Pregnancy for Fetal Abnormality. London: RCOG, 1998.
- 10RCOG. Further issues relating to late abortion, fetal viability and registration of births and deaths. 2001 [http://www.rcog.org.uk/womens-health/clinical-guidance/further-issues-relating-late-abortion-fetal-viability-and-registrati]. Accessed 28 April 2009.
- 11Nuffield Council on Bioethics. Critical Care Decisions in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine: Ethical Issues. London: Nuffield Council on Bioethics, 2006.
- 17[The Italian law on termination of pregnancy (194/1978). Should it be revised? The palliative care option]. Recenti Prog Med 2007;98:607–10..
- 18[Birth after late termination of pregnancy: a neonatologist’s point of view]. Recenti Prog Med 2007;98:479–83..
- 19[Limitation of intensive care and infant death during the postnatal period]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 2002;1 (Suppl):2S94–7..
- 20[Accompanying babies to death after late termination of pregnancy]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 2002;1(Suppl):2S98–102., , , , .
- 22L’arrêt de vie in utero. Med Foet et Echo Gynecol 1999;40:15., .
- 24Abortion statistics, England and Wales. 2006 [http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsStatistics/DH_075697]. Accessed 28 April 2009. DoH Statistical Bulletin. DoH, 2006..