Group members and the writing and analysis committee are listed in the Appendix.
After-effects reported by women following colposcopy, cervical biopsies and LLETZ: results from the TOMBOLA trial
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 116, Issue 11, pages 1506–1514, October 2009
How to Cite
The TOMBOLA (Trial Of Management of Borderline and Other Low-grade Abnormal smears) Group, . (2009), After-effects reported by women following colposcopy, cervical biopsies and LLETZ: results from the TOMBOLA trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 1506–1514. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02263.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 7 JUL 2009
- Accepted 11 May 2009. Published Online 7 July 2009.
- 3The TOMBOLA Group. Biopsy and selective recall is as effective as immediate LLETZ in the management of women with low-grade cervical smears referred for colposcopy. BMJ (in press).
- 7Short term morbidity following large loop excision of the cervical transformation zone. J Obstet Gynaecol 1994;14:197–9., , , , .
- 17EORTC Quality of Life Group Guidelines for Developing Questionnaire Modules, 3rd edn. Revised Brussels, Belgium: EORTC Quality of Life Group, 2002., , , , .
- 18Applied Logistic Regression. New York: Wiley, 1989., .
- 192008.. Stata Statistical Software. Release version 10. College Station, TX: StatCorp,
- 212008.. Colposcopy Performance. Proceedings of the EUROGIN Conference; 2008 November 12–15; Nice. Paris: EUROGIN Scientific Secretariat,
- 22The Information Centre for Health and Social Care. Cervical Screening Programme, England, 2007/8. London: NHS, 2009 [http://www.ic.nhs.uk/statistics-and-data-collections/screening/cervical-cancer/cervical-screening-programme-2007-08-%5Bns%5D]. Accessed 4 March 2009.
- 24NHS Cancer Screening Programmes. Cervical Screening: The Colposcopy Examination. London: NHS, 2007 [http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/cervical/publications/thecolposcopyexamination.pdf]. Accessed 4 March 2009.