Induction of labour in nulliparous women with an unfavourable cervix: a randomised controlled trial comparing double and single balloon catheters and PGE2 gel
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 116, Issue 11, pages 1443–1452, October 2009
How to Cite
Pennell, C., Henderson, J., O’Neill, M., McCleery, S., Doherty, D. and Dickinson, J. (2009), Induction of labour in nulliparous women with an unfavourable cervix: a randomised controlled trial comparing double and single balloon catheters and PGE2 gel. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 1443–1452. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02279.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2009
- Accepted 20 May 2009. Published Online 28 July 2009.
Vol. 118, Issue 4, 521, Article first published online: 10 FEB 2011
- 1Australia's Mothers and Babies 2002. AIHW Cat. No. PER 28. Sydney: AIHW National Perinatal Statistics Unit (Perinatal Statistics Series No. 15) 2004.,
- 2National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health. Induction of Labour. London, UK: RCOG Press, 2008.
- 6Mechanical methods for induction of labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2001;Art. No.: CD001233., , , , .
- 7Vaginal prostaglandin (PGE2 and PGF2a) for induction of labour at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;Art. No.: CD003101., , .
- 8Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Induction of Labour. Evidence-Based Clinical Guidelines. London, UK: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists; 2001:Number 9.
- 23Cervical ripening before induction of labour in patients with an unfavourable cervix: a comparative randomized study of the Atad Ripener Device, prostaglandin E2 vaginal pessary, and prostaglandin E2 intracervical gel. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1996;36:291–5., , , .
- 24Induction of labour (electronic version). In: LockwoodCJ, editor. UpToDate 2004 [http://www.uptodate.com]. Accessed 10 June 2009..