The evolving management of the third stage of labour
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
© World Health Organization. 2009. All rights reserved. The World Health Organization has granted the publisher permission for the reproduction of this article
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: International Reviews
Volume 116, Issue Supplement s1, pages 26–28, October 2009
How to Cite
Gülmezoglu, A. and Souza, J. (2009), The evolving management of the third stage of labour. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 26–28. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02308.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Accepted 13 July 2009.
- 4The mechanism and management of the third stage of labor. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1933;25:662–7..
- 7The development of oxytocic drugs in the management of postpartum haemorrhage. Ulster Med J 2004;73 (Suppl):2–6..
- 10World Health Organization. WHO Recommendations for the Prevention of Postpartum Haemorrhage. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2007.
- 11International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology; International Confederation of Midwives. International joint policy statement. FIGO/ICM global initiative to prevent post-partum hemorrhage. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2004 Dec;26:1100–2, 1108–11.