Scaling up human resources for women’s health
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2009 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: International Reviews
Volume 116, Issue Supplement s1, pages 11–14, October 2009
How to Cite
Falconer, A., Crisp, E., Warwick, C. and Day-Stirk, F. (2009), Scaling up human resources for women’s health. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 116: 11–14. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02310.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Accepted 13 July 2009.
- 1UNICEF. Progress for Children: a Report Card on Maternal Mortality. Number 7. September. New York: UNICEF, 2008. Available from: http://www.unicef.org/publications/files/Progress_for_Children-No._7_Lo-Res_082008.pdf.
- 2World Health Organization. Neonatal and perinatal mortality: country, regional and global estimates. Geneva: WHO Press, 2006. Available from: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2006/9241563206_eng.pdf.
- 3Wikipedia. Infant Mortality. [cited May 2009]. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_mortality.
- 4Cancer Research UK. Cervical Cancer Incidence [cited May 2009]. Available from: http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/cervix/incidence/.
- 6Millennium Development Goals. United Nations; c.2008. Available from: http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/.
- 7Global Health Partnerships: The UK contribution to health in developing countries. London: Central Office of Information, 2007. Available from: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_065374..
- 12Economic evaluation of surgically trained assistant medical officers in performing major obstetric surgery in Mozambique. BJOG: an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology. 2007;114:1253–60., , , , .
- 14Global Health Workforce Alliance. Scaling Up, Saving Lives. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2008. Available from: http://www.who.int/workforcealliance/documents/Global_Health%20FINAL%20REPORT.pdf.
- 15Maternal Mortality Campaign. Objectives for 2009 (version 4). Available from: http://www.internationalmidwives.org/Partners/WRA/MaternalMortalityCampaign/tabid/701/Default.aspx.