The association between prepregnancy obesity and screening positive for postpartum depression
Article first published online: 8 JUN 2010
© 2010 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 117, Issue 8, pages 1011–1018, July 2010
How to Cite
LaCoursiere, D., Barrett-Connor, E., O’Hara, M., Hutton, A. and Varner, M. (2010), The association between prepregnancy obesity and screening positive for postpartum depression. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 117: 1011–1018. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02569.x
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Accepted 17 March 2010.
- 11Occurrence and correlates of postpartum depression in overweight and obese women: results from the active mothers postpartum (AMP) study. AM J Prev Med 2009;3:173–80., , .
- 13Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS): Methodology. http://www.cdc.gov/PRAMS/methodology.htm. Accessed 1 May 2009.
- 14WHO Technical Report Series 894. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2000; 1–253.
- 16Perinatal Mental Health: A Guide to the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale. London, UK: Gaskell, Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2003., .
- 17Institute of Medicine. Brief Report. Weight Gain during Pregnancy: Reeaximing the Guidelines. May 2009.
- 20Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse, Mental Health Services Administration. The National Survey on Drug Use and Health Report: State Estimates of Depression, 2004 & 2005. http://oas.samhsa.gov/2k7/states/depression.cfm. Accessed 6/01/09.