The cost-effectiveness of targeted or universal screening for vasa praevia at 18–20 weeks of gestation in Ontario
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2010
© 2010 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 117, Issue 9, pages 1108–1118, August 2010
How to Cite
Cipriano, L., Barth, W. and Zaric, G. (2010), The cost-effectiveness of targeted or universal screening for vasa praevia at 18–20 weeks of gestation in Ontario. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 117: 1108–1118. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02621.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2010
- Accepted 20 April 2010.
- 1Pathology of the Human Placenta, 4th edn. Berlin: Springer, 2000., .
- 13CBC news. Couple urges routine screening for pregnancy condition. 2007 [ http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/03/22/vasa-previa-070322.html]. Accessed 22 March 2007.
- 14The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC). Committee Opinion No. 103: content of a complete obstetrical ultrasound report. Ottawa: SOGC, 2001.
- 15The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC). Clinical Practice Guideline No. 187: Prenatal Screening for Fetal Aneuploidy. Ottawa: SOGC, 2007.
- 16Guidelines for the management of vasa previa. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2009;31:748–60., , , , , , et al.
- 17Statistics Canada. Table 102-4515 – Live births and fetal deaths (stillbirths), by type (single or multiple), Canada, provinces and territories, annual (number). Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2006.
- 18Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health. Guidelines for the Economic Evaluation of Health Technologies: Canada, 3rd edn. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health, 2006.
- 19Table 326-0021 – Consumer Price Index (CPI), 2005 Basket Content, Annual. Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2006..
- 20Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Schedule of Benefits: Physician Services under the Health Insurance Act. Toronto: Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, 2008.
- 21London Health Sciences Centre. Case Costing (Internal Document). London (ON): London Health Sciences Centre, 2007.
- 31Disorders of the Placenta, Fetus, and Neonate: Diagnosis and Clinical Significance. St Louis: Mosby-Year Book, 1992..