The impact of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) programmes on maternal health care in resource-poor settings: looking beyond the PMTCT programme—a systematic review
Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 117, Issue 12, pages 1444–1450, November 2010
How to Cite
Both, J. and van Roosmalen, J. (2010), The impact of Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) programmes on maternal health care in resource-poor settings: looking beyond the PMTCT programme—a systematic review. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 117: 1444–1450. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02692.x
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 OCT 2010
- Accepted 4 July 2010.
- 3UNICEF. Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT). [http://www.unicef.org/supply/index_42855.html]. Accessed 15 December 2008.
- 4Improving Health Outcomes of the Poor. Report of Working Group Five for the Commission and Macroeconomics and Health. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2002., .
- 5HIV/AIDS, pregnancy and maternal mortality and morbidity: implications for care. In: BererM, RavindranTKS, editors. Safe Motherhood Initiatives: Critical Issues, 2nd printing. London: Blackwell Science; 2000, pp. 198–210..
- 12Strengthening Linkages for Sexual and Reproductive Health, HIV and AIDS: Progress, Barriers and Opportunities for Scaling Up. London: Department for International Development, Health Resource Centre, 2006., , , , .
- 14An Evaluation of the PMTCT Initiative in South Africa. Durban: Health System Trust, 2003., , .
- 15HIV Voluntary Counseling and Testing: An Essential Component in Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV. Horizons Research Summary. Washington: Horizons, Population Council, 2003., , , , , , et al.
- 16The Systemwide Effects of the Global Fund in Ethiopia: Final Study Report. Bethesda, MD: Abt Associates, Partners for Health Reform Plus, 2006., , .
- 19The impact of scaling-up prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV infection on the human resource requirement: the need to go beyond numbers. Int J Health Plann Manage 2008;25:17–29., , , .
- 22Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV in Kenya. Pathfinder International’s Experience: 2002–2005. Washington: Pathfinder International, 2006..
- 23Effects of the Global Fund on Reproductive Health in Ethiopia and Malawi: Baseline Findings. Bethesda, MD: Abt Associates, Partners for Health Reform Plus, 2005., , .
- 24Linking PMTCT to Family-Based Antiretroviral Treatment and Care: A Behavior Change Perspective. Victoria: The Communication Initiative, 2005. Web-published discussion paper. http://www.comminit.com/pdf/LinkingPMTCTtoFamily-BasedAntiretroviralTreatment.pdf. Last accessed 15 December 2008..
- 25Integrating HIV Prevention and Care into Maternal and Child Health Care Settings: Lessons Learned from Horizons Studies. Washington: Population Council, Horizons, 2002., , , .
- 26Integrating Sexual Health Interventions into Reproductive Health Services: Programme Experience from Developing Countries. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2005., , , , .
- 28Changing Obstetric Practices in the Context of HIV: An Evaluation of Service Provision in the National PMTCT Learning Sites. Durban: Health Systems Trust, 2002., , .
- 29UNICEF. Monitoring Progress on the Implementation of Programs to Prevent Mother to Child Transmission of HIV. PMTCT Report Card 2005. New York: UNICEF, 2005.