Critical illness with AH1N1v influenza in pregnancy: a comparison of two population-based cohorts
Article first published online: 13 OCT 2010
© 2010 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: Infections in Pregnancy
Volume 118, Issue 2, pages 232–239, January 2011
How to Cite
Knight, M., Pierce, M., Seppelt, I., Kurinczuk, J., Spark, P., Brocklehurst, P., McLintock, C., Sullivan, E. and on behalf of the UK’s Obstetric Surveillance System, the ANZIC Influenza Investigators, and the Australasian Maternity Outcomes Surveillance System (2011), Critical illness with AH1N1v influenza in pregnancy: a comparison of two population-based cohorts. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 118: 232–239. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02736.x
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 13 OCT 2010
- Accepted 29 August 2010. Published Online 13 October 2010.
- 3Hospitalized patients with novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection – California, April–May, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009;58:536–41.
- 4Novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infections in three pregnant women – United States, April–May 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009;58:497–500.
- 12Health Protection Agency. Weekly epidemiological summary, week 8. 2010 [Available from: http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&Page&HPAwebAutoListName/Page/1243928258560] Accessed 3 March 2010.
- 14Office for National Statistics. Key Population and Vital Statistics 2007. Newport: Office for National Statistics, 2009.
- 16Australian Bureau of Statistics. Births, Australia 2008. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2009.
- 17Statistics New Zealand. Vital Statistics – Births – VTB. 2010 [Available from: http://www.stats.govt.nz/infoshare/SelectVariables.aspx?pxID=ccaeaad3-09b3-4449-9c22-96d38dc36d75] Accessed 03 March 2010.
- 18Statistics New Zealand. Demographic Trends: 2009. 2010 [Available from: http://www.stats.govt.nz/publications/populationstatistics/demographic-trends-2009.aspx] Accessed 24 May 2010.
- 19Australia’s Mothers and Babies 2007. Perinatal Statistics Series no. 23. Cat. no. PER 48. Sydney: AIHW National Perinatal Statistics Unit, 2009., .
- 20Health Protection Agency. Weekly National Influenza Report, Week 20. 2010 [Available from: http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1274087599902] Accessed 21 May 2010.
- 21Public Health Surveillance Information for New Zealand Public Health Action. Influenza weekly update 2010/19. 2010 [Available from: http://www.surv.esr.cri.nz/PDF_surveillance/Virology/FluWeekRpt/2010/FluWeekRpt201019.pdf] Accessed 21 May 2010.
- 23Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System Notifications of laboratory confirmed influenza by month and year, 1991 to present. 2010 [Available from: http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/Source/Rpt_3.cfm] Accessed 21 May 2010.
- 25The 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza and indigenous populations of the Americas and the Pacific. Euro Surveill 2009;14:1–6., , , , , .
- 26Quantifying the risk of pandemic influenza in pregnancy and Indigenous people in Australia in 2009. Euro Surveill 2009;14:1–3., , .
- 29Indigenous Mothers and their Babies, Australia 2001–2004. AIHW cat. no. PER 38. Perinatal statistics series no. 19. Canberra: AIHW, 2007., , , , , .
- 30World Health Organisation. Global Alert and Response (GAR): WHO takes action on pandemic (H1N1) 2009. 2009 [Available from: http://www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/action/en/index.html]. Accessed 26 May 2010.
- 31Health Protection Agency. Summary of prescribing guidance for the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza-like illness. 2009 [Available from: http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1243581475043]. Accessed 21 May 2010.