Chronic heart disease and severe obstetric morbidity among hospitalisations for pregnancy in the USA: 1995–2006
Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
© 2010 RCOG No claim to original US government works Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 118, Issue 3, pages 345–352, February 2011
How to Cite
Kuklina, E. and Callaghan, W. (2011), Chronic heart disease and severe obstetric morbidity among hospitalisations for pregnancy in the USA: 1995–2006. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 118: 345–352. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02743.x
- Issue online: 12 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 22 NOV 2010
- Accepted 15 August 2010. Published Online 22 November 2010.
- 3Maternal cardiovascular medicine: towards better care for pregnant women with heart disease. Br J Cardiol 2006;13:399–404., , , .
- 4The adult with congenital heart disease. West Virg Med J 2006;102:310–3., , , , , , et al.
- 11Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project HCUP. Overview of the Nationwide Inpatient Sample, (NIS). [http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/databases.jsp]. Accessed 23 December 2008.
- 12Healthcare Cost Utilization Project HCUP. Data Use Agreement Training. [http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/tech_assist/dua.jsp]. Accessed 23 December 2008.
- 17Learning to Code with ICD-9-CM for Health Information Management and Health Services Administration 2009. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009..
- 19LewisG, (ed.). Saving Mothers’ Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer—2003–2005. London: The Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health, 2007.
- 20Focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 1998 Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease): endorsed by the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, and Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Circulation 2008;118:e523–661., , , , , , et al.
- 21Prosthetic heart valves and arrhythmias in pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2007;29:635–9., .
- 22Acquired heart disease in pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2007;29:507–9., .
- 23Congenital heart disease in pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2007;29:409–14., .
- 28Pregnancy and Heart Disease Registry. The study from the Euro Heart Survey on Pregnancy. [http://www.escardio.org/guidelines-surveys/ehs/pregnancy/Pages/pregnancy-registry.aspx]. Last accessed 12 June 2009., , , , , , .