Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Administration of misoprostol by trained traditional birth attendants to prevent postpartum haemorrhage in homebirths in Pakistan: a randomised placebo-controlled trial
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors Journal compilation © RCOG 2010 BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 118, Issue 3, pages 353–361, February 2011
How to Cite
Mobeen, N., Durocher, J., Zuberi, N., Jahan, N., Blum, J., Wasim, S., Walraven, G. and Hatcher, J. (2011), Administration of misoprostol by trained traditional birth attendants to prevent postpartum haemorrhage in homebirths in Pakistan: a randomised placebo-controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 118: 353–361. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02807.x
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2010
- Accepted 21 October 2010. Published Online 23 December 2010.
- 2Postpartum haemorrhage. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2006;28:967–73., .
- 4United Nations. The millennium development goals report 2009 [Online]. 2009 [http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/pdf/MDG%20Report%202009%20ENG.pdf]. Last accessed 26 July 2009.
- 5National Institute of Population Studies (NIPS) [Pakistan], Macro International Inc. Pakistan Demographic and Health Survey 2006–07. Islamabad, Pakistan: National Institute of Population Studies and Macro International Inc., 2008.
- 8WHO DoMPS. WHO Recommendations for the Prevention of Postpartum Haemorrhage. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2007.
- 9Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Prevention and Management of Postpartum Haemorrhage. RCOG Green-top Guideline No. 52. London: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2009.
- 11Prostaglandins for preventing postpartum haemorrhage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;3:CD000494.DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000494.pub3., , , .
- 17WHO. Unedited draft report of the 17th Expert committee on the selection and use of essential medicines, 23 to 27 March 2009. Unedited WHO technical report series (version 18 May 2009) [Online]. 2009 [www.who.int/selection_medicines/committees/expert/17/WEBuneditedTRS_2009.pdf]. Last accessed 8 July 2009.
- 18WHO, Division of Family Health, Maternal Health and Safe Motherhood Programme. Care of Mother and Baby at the Health Centre: A Practical Guide. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1994.
- 23ACOG Practice Bulletin. Clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynaecologists number 76, October 2006: postpartum haemorrhage. Obstet Gynecol 2006;108:1039–47.