Achieving Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 in Sri Lanka
Article first published online: 22 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2011 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Special Issue: International Reviews
Volume 118, Issue Supplement s2, pages 78–87, September 2011
How to Cite
Senanayake, H., Goonewardene, M., Ranatunga, A., Hattotuwa, R., Amarasekera, S. and Amarasinghe, I. (2011), Achieving Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5 in Sri Lanka. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 118: 78–87. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2011.03115.x
- Issue published online: 22 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 22 SEP 2011
- Accepted 21 July 2011.
- 1UNICEF. The State of the World’s Children 2008. New York: United Nations Children’s Fund, 2008. p. 21.
- 2Investing in Maternal Health. Learning from Malaysia and Sri Lanka. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2003., , , , , , et al.
- 3Department of Census and Statistics of Sri Lanka. MDG info Sri Lanka 2008. 2009 [http://www.statistics.gov.lk/Abstract_2008_PDF/abstract2008/pagesPdf/chapter14.htm]. Accessed 15 June 2009.
- 4Sri Lanka Demographic and Health Survey 2006/7. Department of Census and Statistics in Collaboration with the Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition. 2009 [http://www.statistics.gov.lk/social/DHS%20Sri%20Lanka%20Preliminary%20Report.pdf]. Accessed 15 June 2009.
- 5Family Health Bureau, Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition. Family Health Programme Sri Lanka – Medium Term Plan 2007–2011. Family Health Bureau, Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition, 2007.
- 6United Nations Statistical Division – Millennium Development Goals Indicators. [http://.unstats.un.org/unsd/mdg/Data.aspx?cr=144]. Accessed 25 August 2011.
- 7Maternal Mortality Reduction in Sri Lanka. Colombo: World Health Organisation, 2003..
- 8Family Health Bureau Ministry of Healthcare Nutrition Sri Lanka Colombo. Annual Report on Family Health 2006–2007. Family Health Bureau, Ministry of Healthcare Nutrition Sri Lanka Colombo: Sri Lanka, 2009.
- 9Annual Health Statistics, Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition, 2007.
- 11Family Health Bureau. How Sri Lanka Reduced its Maternal Mortality. Colombo: Family Health Bureau, 2005.
- 13Family Health Bureau. Annual Health Bulletin. Colombo: Family Health Bureau, Ministry of Healthcare Nutrition, 2000.
- 14Millennium Development Goals Sri Lanka. [http://www.mdg.lk/inpages/thegoals/goal5_improve_maternal_health.shtml]. Accessed 18 August 2011.