HIV care need not hamper maternity care: a descriptive analysis of integration of services in rural Malawi
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 119, Issue 4, pages 431–438, March 2012
How to Cite
van den Akker, T., Bemelmans, M., Ford, N., Jemu, M., Diggle, E., Scheffer, S., Zulu, I., Akesson, A. and Shea, J. (2012), HIV care need not hamper maternity care: a descriptive analysis of integration of services in rural Malawi. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 431–438. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2011.03229.x
- Issue online: 10 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2012
- Accepted 22 October 2011. Published Online 18 January 2012.
- 3UNAIDS, WHO. AIDS epidemic update. Geneva: joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), 2005.
- 20The Systemwide Effects of the Global Fund in Ethiopia: Final Study Report. USAID, Partners for HealthReformplus, 2006., , .
- 25UNAIDS. AIDS Epdemic update 2009. 2009.
- 26USAID. Malawi HIV/AIDS health profile. 2010. Date accessed: 28-1-2011.
- 27Ministry of Health, HIV department. Quarterly Report Malawi Antiretroviral Treatment Programme in Malawi with Results up to 31st December 2010. Lilongwe, Malawi: Ministry of Health, HIV department, 2011.
- 28Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) programme in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: an evaluation of PMTCT implementation and integration into routine maternal, child and women’s health services. Trop Med Int Health 2010; DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2010.02576.x (Epub ahead of print)., , , , , .
- 29High acceptability of voluntary counselling and HIV-testing but unacceptable loss to follow up in a prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programme in rural Malawi: scaling-up requires a different way of acting. Trop Med Int Health 2005;10:1242–50., , , , , , et al.
- 32National Statistical Office. 2008 Population and Housing Census. 2008.
- 33National Statistical Office. Malawi Demographic and Health Survey 2004. 2005.
- 38WHO. Strategic Approaches to the Prevention of HIV-Infection in Infants. Geneva: WHO, 2003.
- 39WHO. Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating Pregnant Women and Preventing HIV-Infection in Infants. Recommendations for a Public Health Approach. 2006 version. Geneva: WHO, 2006.
- 43Ministry of Health. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral therapy in Malawi, 3rd edn. Lilongwe, Malawi: Ministry of Health, 2008.
- 44WHO. Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating Pregnant Women and Preventing HIV-Infection in Infants. Recommendations for a public health approach. 2010 version. Geneva: WHO, 2010.
- 45WHO. Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-Infection in Adults and Adolescents. Recommedations for a Public Health Approach. Geneva: WHO, 2010.
- 46Nyasa Times. Global Fund rejects Malawi’s funding proposal again. 2011. Date accessed: 1-2-2011.
- 49National Statistical Office. Malawi Demographic and Health Survey 2010. Preliminary report, 2011.