The World Health Organization retains copyright and all other rights in the manuscript of this article as submitted for publication.
The prevalence of maternal near miss: a systematic review
Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 119, Issue 6, pages 653–661, May 2012
How to Cite
Tunçalp, Ö., Hindin, M., Souza, J., Chou, D. and Say, L. (2012), The prevalence of maternal near miss: a systematic review. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 653–661. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2012.03294.x
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
- Accepted 11 January 2012.
- 1WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, The WB. Trends in Maternal Mortality: 1990–2008. Geneva: WHO, 2010.
- 3Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health. New York: United Nations, 2010..
- 4World Health Organization. Beyond the Numbers: Reviewing Maternal Deaths and Complications to Make Pregnancy Safer. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO, 2004.
- 8Pre validation of the WHO organ dysfunction based criteria for identification of maternal near miss. Reprod Health 2011;8:22., , , , , , et al.
- 9WHO systematic review of maternal morbidity and mortality: the prevalence of severe acute maternal morbidity (near miss). Reprod Health 2004;1:3., , .
- 14Near-miss obstetrical events and maternal deaths. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2009;19:781–5., .
- 17Admission profile in an obstetrics intensive care unit in a maternity hospital of Brazil. Revista Brasileira de Saude Materno Infantil 2006;6:s55–62., , , , , , et al.
- 24World Bank T. Countries and Economies. New York: The World Bank, 2011.
- 26The World Bank. GNI per capita, PPP (current international $). 2011 [cited 13 December 2011]; Available from: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.PP.CD
- 27[Obstetric hysterectomy Incidence, indications and complications]. Ginecol Obstet Mex 2008;76:156–60., , , , , .
- 29World Health Organization. Evaluating the Quality of Care for Severe Pregnancy Complications: The Who Near-Miss Approach for Maternal Health. Geneva: WHO, 2011.
- 33An audit of obstetrical hysterectomy. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2001;11:642–5., , .