Mobile phones as a health communication tool to improve skilled attendance at delivery in Zanzibar: a cluster-randomised controlled trial
Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 119, Issue 10, pages 1256–1264, September 2012
How to Cite
Lund, S., Hemed, M., Nielsen, B., Said, A., Said, K., Makungu, M. and Rasch, V. (2012), Mobile phones as a health communication tool to improve skilled attendance at delivery in Zanzibar: a cluster-randomised controlled trial. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 1256–1264. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2012.03413.x
- Issue online: 13 AUG 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2012
- Accepted 9 May 2012. Published Online 17 July 2012.
- 2World Health Organization. Trends in Maternal Mortality: 1990 to 2008. Estimates developed by WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and The World Bank. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2010.
- 3United Nations. The Millenium Development Goals Report 2010. New York: United Nations, 2010.
- 6World Heatlh Organization. Make Every Mother and Child Count. The World Health Report. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2005.
- 14United Nations. The Millennium Development Declaration. United Nations General Assembly Resolution 55/2. New York: United Nations, 2000.
- 15Mobile Monday. Mobile Africa Report 2011: Regional Hubs of Excellence and Innovation. Bangalore: Mobile Monday, 2011.
- 16United Nations Foundation. mHealth for Development: The Opportunity of Mobile Technology for Healthcare in the Developing World. Washington DC and Berkshire: United Nations Foundation; 2009.
- 27Special delivery: an analysis of mHealth in maternal and newborn health programs and their outcomes around the world. Matern Child Health J 2011; Jun 19. [Epub ahead of print]., .
- 29Facility Based Maternal Mortality in Zanzibar 2005 to 2007. Stone Town: Ministry of Heath and Social Welfare Zanzibar, 2008., , , , .
- 30Ministry of Health Social Welfare Zanzibar. Road Map to Accelerate the Reduction of Maternal, Newborn and Child Mortality in Zanzibar (2008–2015). Stone Town: Ministry of Heath and Social Welfare Zanzibar, 2008.
- 31Ministry of Health and Social Welfare Zanzibar. Comprehensive Postnatal Maternal and Newborn Care Guideline. Stone Town: Ministry of Heath and Social Welfare Zanzibar, 2010.
- 32United Nations Population Fund. Concensus and Concerns Regional. Workshop on Skilled Birth Attendants in South and West Asia. Kathmandu: United Nations Population Fund Country Office, 2004.
- 34Design and Analysis of Cluster Randomized Trials in Health Research. London: Arnold, 2000., .
- 38Satisfaction of healthy pregnant women receiving short message service via mobile phone for prenatal support: a randomized controlled trial. J Med Assoc Thai 2008;91:458–63., , , , , .
- 43United Nations Population Fund. The State of World Population 2011. New York: United Nations Population Fund, 2012.
- 47GSMA Development Fund, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and Vital Wave Consulting. Women and Mobile: A Global Opportunity. A Study on the Mobile Phone Gender Gap in Low and Middle-Income Countries. London: GSMA, 2010.