The risk of vesicovaginal and urethrovaginal fistula after hysterectomy performed in the English National Health Service—a retrospective cohort study examining patterns of care between 2000 and 2008
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 119, Issue 12, pages 1447–1454, November 2012
How to Cite
Hilton, P. and Cromwell, D. (2012), The risk of vesicovaginal and urethrovaginal fistula after hysterectomy performed in the English National Health Service—a retrospective cohort study examining patterns of care between 2000 and 2008. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 1447–1454. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2012.03474.x
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Accepted 12 June 2012. Published Online 20 August 2012.
- 2The obstetric fistula: a major public health problem still unsolved. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 1993;4:126–8., .
- 3Hospital Episode Statistics [database on the Internet]. Department of Health. 2012 [http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk]. Last accessed 28 February 2012.
- 8National Collaborating Centre for Women’s & Children’s Health. Heavy Menstrual Bleeding. London: Commissioned by the National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence, 2007.
- 9World Health Organisation. International Classification of Diseases (ICD). 2012. [http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/]. Last accessed 28 February 2012.
- 10Department of Health. OPCS-4 Classification. 2012. [http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/systemsandservices/data/clinicalcoding/codingstandards/opcs4]. Last accessed 28 February 2012.
- 12Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;3:CD003677., , , , , , et al.
- 15National Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Audit. Third Annual Report. Leeds: NHS Information Centre, 2010.
- 16Fistulae. In: Abrams P, Cardozo LD, Wein A, editors. Incontinence – ICUD-EUA 5th International Consultation on Incontinence. Plymouth, UK: Health Publications; 2012 (in press)., , , , , .
- 20Surgery for urinary incontinence in women. In: Abrams P, Cardozo LD, Khoury S, Wein A, editors. Incontinence—ICUD 4th International Consultation on Incontinence, 4th edn. Plymouth, UK: Health Publications Ltd; 2009. pp. 1191–272., , , , , , et al.
- 24Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Report of the working party to audit structured training. London: RCOG, 2001.
- 25Department of Health. Working Time Regulations: Implementation in the NHS. Wetherby, UK: Department of Health, 1998: HSC 1998/204.
- 26Council of Europe. Council Directive 93/104/EC of 23 November 1993 Concerning Certain Aspects of the Organization Of Working Time. Brussels, Belgium: Council of Europe, 1993: 93/104/EC.
- 27Hospital Doctors: Training for the Future. The Report of the Working Group on Specialist Medical Training. London: Health Publications Unit, 1993..
- 28Aspiring to Excellence: Findings and Final Recommendations of the Independent Inquiry into Modernising Medical Careers. London: MMC Inquiry, 2008..
- 29Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Trainees Committee. Survey of training 2008. London: RCOG, 2009.
- 30Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. Side effects of medicines - FAQ. 2010. [http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/Generalsafetyinformationandadvice/Adviceandinformationforconsum ers/Sideeffectsofmedicines/index.htm]. Last accessed 4 March 2012.