Caesarean section in nulliparous women of advanced maternal age has been reduced in Sweden and Norway since the 1970s: a register-based study
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors BJOG An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology © 2012 RCOG
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 119, Issue 13, pages 1591–1596, December 2012
How to Cite
Waldenström, U., Gottvall, K. and Rasmussen, S. (2012), Caesarean section in nulliparous women of advanced maternal age has been reduced in Sweden and Norway since the 1970s: a register-based study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 119: 1591–1596. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-0528.2012.03510.x
- Issue published online: 12 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2012
- Accepted 13 August 2012. Published Online 19 October 2012.
- 3Pregnancies, deliveries and newborn infants. The Swedish Medical Birth Register 1973–2009. Assisted Reproduction treatment 1991–2008, Stockholm 2011.
- 4Maternal age at birth. Demographic Statistics (Befolkningsstatistikk. Gjennomsnittlig födealder). Oslo: Bureau of Statistics, 2007.
- 5The Norwegian Institutet of Public Health. Available at: http://www.fhi.no.
- 14The scince of the ageing uterus and placenta. In: Bewley SLW, Nikolaou D, editors. Reproductive Ageing. London: RCOG Press, 2009,103–16..
- 22Survey of Swedish living conditions (Swedish: Undersökningarna av ledvnadsförhållanden, Ulf). Statistics Sweden, 2008–2011.
- 23Overweight and obesity in Norway – fact sheet: the Norwegian Institute of Public health. Available at: http://www.fhi.no.
- 28Centralization of births: Statistics Norway, 2005.
- 29Medical guidelines (MFM)1965:18: National Board of Health and Welfare; Stockholm 1965.
- 30Clinical guidelines in obstetrics. Norwegian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Norwegian Medical Association, Olso, 1995.
- 31Continuous cardiotocography (CTG) as a form of electronic fetal monitoring (EFM) for fetal assessment during labour. Cochrane Database Syst Rev2006;3:CD006066., , .
- 33Caesarean section for non-medical reasons at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev2006;3:CD004660., , , , .