Two physiotherapists, one librarian and a systematic literature review: collaboration in action
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2006
Health Information & Libraries Journal
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 248–256, December 2006
How to Cite
Swinkels, A., Briddon, J. and Hall, J. (2006), Two physiotherapists, one librarian and a systematic literature review: collaboration in action. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 23: 248–256. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2006.00689.x
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2006
- Received 2 March 2006; Accepted 12 July 2006
- 1Systematic Review. Definitions of systematic review on the world wide web. Available from: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=definition+of+%22systematic+review%22&btnG=Search&meta= (accessed 11 November 2005).
- 2Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.5, updated May 2005. Available from: http://www.cochrance.org/resources/handbook (accessed 10 June 2006).
- 3Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. Report 4, 2nd edn. March 2001. Available from: http://www.york.ac.uk/institute/crd/report4.htm (accessed 26 February 2006).
- 4National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Guideline Development Process—Information for National Collaborating. Centres and Guideline Development Groups, 2001; item 9, appendix C, p. 39. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/pdf/brdnov01item9appc.pdf (accessed 11 November 2005).
- 6GRADE Working Group. Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations. British Medical Journal 2004, 328, 1490. Available from: http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/reprint/328/7454/1490 (accessed. 11 November 2005).
- 7Central Office for Research Ethics Committees (COREC) NHS Research Committee Application Form, 2005; section A, part A47. Available from: http://www.corecform.org.uk/AppForm (accessed 11 November 2005).
- 11Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Effective Practice. Available from: http://www.csp.org.uk/effectivepractice/effectiveness.cfm#research (accessed 30 August 2005).
- 12Evidence-based medicine, what is a Systematic Review? What Is …? Series, 2004, 1, no. 5. Available from: http://www.evidence-based-medicine.co.uk/What_is_series.html (accessed 30 August 2005).&
- 13Librarians and collaborative research: toward a better scientific base for information practice. Bulletin of the Medical Libraries Association 1996, 83, 433–6.
- 17Hydrotherapy Association of Chartered Physiotherapists. Guidance on Good Practice in Hydrotherapy, Information paper no. 39. London, UK: Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, 2006.
- 18Evidence for effective hydrotherapy. Physiotherapy 2002, 88, 514–29.
- 19School of Health and Related Research (Scharr). Systematic Reviews: What are they and why are they useful? Sheffield, UK: Sheffield University, 2006. Available from: http://www.shef.ac.uk/scharr/ir/units/systrev/definitions.htm (accessed 19 June 2006).
- 20Scottish Intercollegiate Guideline Network (SIGN). SIGN 50: a Guideline Developers’ Handbook. Methodology checklist 2: Randomised Controlled Trials. Available from: http://www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/50/checklist2.html (accessed 20 June 2006).
- 23International Association for the Study of Pain. IASP Pain Terminology. Available from: http://www.iasp-pain.org/terms-p.html (accessed 26 November 2004).
- 25A systematic review of the content of critical appraisal tools. BioMed Central 2004, Available from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2288/4/22 (accessed 10 May 2006)., , , &
- 26Does hydrotherapy relieve pain? A systematic review and exploration of underlying mechanisms. 35th Congress of the International Society of Medical Hydrology and Climatology, Istanbul, Turkey, 6–10 June, 2006., , &
- 28Information in context: integrating information specialists into practice settings. Journal of the Medical Libraries Association 2002, 90, 49–5., &