An information behaviour investigation of the community pharmacists in Greece for developing library and information services
Article first published online: 22 JUN 2009
© 2009 The authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Health Libraries Group
Health Information & Libraries Journal
Volume 27, Issue 1, pages 46–56, March 2010
How to Cite
Kostagiolas, P. A., Bairaktaris, K. D. and Niakas, D. (2010), An information behaviour investigation of the community pharmacists in Greece for developing library and information services. Health Information & Libraries Journal, 27: 46–56. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2009.00846.x
- Issue published online: 17 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 22 JUN 2009
- Received 28 October 2008; Accepted 3 March 2009
- 1Undertaking an information-needs analysis of the emergency-care physician to inform the role of the role of the clinical librarian: a Greek perspective. Health Information and Libraries Journal 2005, 22, 124–32.
- 2Determination of drug information needs of health care professionals in Estonia. Medicina (Kaunas) 2006, 42, 1030–4., &
- 8Should dentistry be part of the National Health Information Infrastructure? Journal of American Dental Association., 2004, 135, 1687–95.&
- 10Need for redefining needs. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 2004, 1, 34., &
- 11Cooke Alison. Quality of health and medical information on the Internet. British Journal of Clinical Governance 1999, 4, 155–60.
- 13Pharmacy information on the internet. The Pharmaceutical Journal 2006, 277, 673–4.&
- 18Evaluation of prescribing errors and pharmacists interventions in community practice: an estimate of value added. American Pharmacy 1998, 28, 22–6.
- 20Factors important to clients when seeking advice of pharmacists. The Pharmaceutical Journal 1990, 244, 692–3.
- 22ACCP. A commentary from the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Pharmacotherapy, White Paper, Pharmaceutical Education. 1992, 12, 419–27. In: M.Luis Cordero, I.Cadavid, F.Fernandez-Llimos, C.Diaz, F.Sanzz & M. I.Loza (eds). Continuing education and community pharmacists in Galicia: a study of opinions. Pharmacy World Science 2004, 26, 173–7.
- 24WHO. The role of the pharmacists in self-care and in self-medication. Report of the 4th WHO Consultative Group on the Role of the Pharmacists, the Hague, the Netherlands, 26–28 August 1998. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1998.
- 28Instructional design and assessment: an educational intervention to train community pharmacists in providing specialized asthma care. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2006, 70, article, 118, 1–10., , &
- 31The role of quality in pharmaceutical care management. Managing Service Quality 2001, 11, 32–9.&
- 40Perceptions regarding the role of libraries and information services in the onset of the new millennium: the case of the Greek public healthcare system. Proceedings of 11th European Conference of Medical and Health Libraries Conference. Helsinki, Finland, 23–28 June 2008.&
- 41The political economy of health care in Greece. In: K. V.Thai, E. T.Wimberley & S. M.McManus (eds). Handbook of International Health Care Systems. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2002: 395–6.