I am grateful to Bernice Lott for her support and criticism during the writing of an earlier draft of this manuscript, completed in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the doctorate in psychology at The University of Rhode Island. My thanks to Ms. Jen Fenley, librarian at the national headquarters of the Professional and Business Women's Clubs of America, for her assistance in locating materials. Reprint requests may be addressed to the author, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Ml 48106. The author is currently on leave from the Department of Psychology Auburn University, Auburn AL 36830.
Personality and Background Characteristics of Women in Male-Dominated Occupations: A Review
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
Psychology of Women Quarterly
Volume 4, Issue 2, pages 221–240, December 1979
How to Cite
Lemkau, J. P. (1979), Personality and Background Characteristics of Women in Male-Dominated Occupations: A Review. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 4: 221–240. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.1979.tb00710.x
1979 Human Sciences Press
- Issue published online: 28 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!